To start off with I need to let you know that Valentine’s Day is not my favorite holiday. I generally do my best to avoid this day. So even though I’m wasn’t really planning on doing anything special for this year’s, I decided I could still make a playlist for this day. But I wanted to use songs I really like. Even though it has its sweet songs, you wont necessarily use this for you baby-making soundtrack.
What should you expect? It is longer than all my previous playlists, but I figure I can get away with it this once. It starts off with Arctic Monkeys but moves to a couple sweet songs by Frightened Rabbit and Mumford and Sons. After a couple more songs it starts to rock out with The White Stripes, The Kills, and The Black Keys. And towards the end it does get a little romantic with some Okkervil River and Conor Oberst.
I hope everyone has a great day and that this playlist just gets you in a good mood. There is nothing worse than stressing out over what day it is. Oh, and yes, I realize The Commitments was a movie and not a band. But I love the version of Try a LIttle Tenderness from that movie. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Arctic Monkeys – She’s Thunderstorms
- Frightened Rabbit – The Twist
- Mumford And Sons – Awake My Soul
- G. Love & Special Sauce – Baby’s Got Sauce
- The Commitments - Try a Little Tenderness
- Wilco – I’m the Man Who Loves You
- The White Stripes – A Martyr For My Love For You
- The Kills – U R A Fever
- Kaiser Chiefs – Ruby
- Gold Motel - Fireworks After Midnight
- The Black Keys – Girl Is On My Mind
- The Fratellis – Whistle for the Choir
- Okkervil river – A King and a Queen
- Conor Oberst – Cape Canaveral
- Arctic Monkeys – Baby I’m Yours
You can follow fukenny on Twitter.